The 2017 major league baseball season opened on April 2nd with the Tampa Bay Rays hosting the New York Yankees. Some MLB teams cater to fans with discounted tickets and food while some play hardball with very high prices. The average price of 2 tickets (cheapest seats available) 2 small beers, 2 hot dogs and parking is about $78. Prices vary greatly from ballpark to ballpark. Fans who enjoy a game at the cheapest stadium ($48 Angels) will pay $110 less than the most expensive ($157 Red Sox). Enjoy some of the these facts:
1.Tickets: The least expensive tickets available are surprisingly the LA Angels at $9.80/seat and the most expensive are the Boston Red Sox where it will set you back $48 for Fenway Park upper deck seats.
2. Hot Dogs: At the Great American Ballpark in Cincinnati a hot dog will set you back only $1 whereas it costs $6.25 for a dog at Citi Field to watch the NY Metropolitans.
3. Beer: A small brouhaha costs only $4 to watch both the Arizona Diamondbacks and Cleveland Indians. It’s a three-way tie for most expensive at $7.75 to watch the Cubs, Red Sox and Phillies.
4. Parking: Parking is FREE at Tropicana field to watch the Tampa Bay Rays while it will cost you at least $35 to watch the NY Yankees or Boston Red Sox.
5. Ticket Cost Comparison: Although both teams play in California a ticket to see the San Francisco Giants costs more than double the price of a ticket to see the LA Dodgers.
6. Hot Dog Price Comparison: Although the price to see a game at Yankee Stadium and Fenway Park rank in the top 3 in baseball the price of a hot dog cost 75% more in Boston.
Keep these things in mind when you decide to visit new ballparks as pricing could be a home run or a total washout!